Ductless air conditioning has been around for quite some time, but we still find homeowners who aren’t too familiar with them. Don’t worry, it’s not your fault! Technology, especially in the HVAC industry, can be a little complex and hard to understand. That’s why we’ve taken it upon ourselves to help curious and cautious customers alike gain some information about these nifty systems.
Ductless air conditioners aren’t only for homeowners who don’t have ducts. They’re incredibly efficient and effective at cooling many different types of homes. If you’re looking to expand your horizons or invest in a ductless AC in Strongsville, OH, then we want you to keep reading. These systems are perfect for certain homes in our area and you could see a great leap forward in terms of better comfort and temperature control!
In this blog we’ll talk about some of the best advantages a ductless HVAC system has to offer!
How Ductless Systems Work
Firstly, we need to talk about how these systems operate. They’re not like your average central air conditioner, because they don’t need ductwork in order to disperse cool air throughout your home.
Ductless HVAC systems work with one outdoor cabinet that’s hooked up via refrigerant lines to up to four indoor air handlers. These air handlers then disperse cool air to their specific sections of your house without the need for ductwork. They function independently of each other, so they can be situated in strategic locations and rooms that you might use more than others.
For instance, if everyone is spending time in the living room all day, why not shut the rest of your air handlers off and enjoy the comfortable temperatures where you need them? You’ll see a dramatic decrease in your energy bill.
Here are just a few advantages that come with investing in a ductless HVAC system.
- Comfort for all seasons. Ductless mini split systems are also heat pumps, which means they can both cool your home during the summer and heat it during the winter!
- High energy efficiency. Ductless systems are incredibly efficient because they lose 0% of their air through ductwork. That means you’re feeling 100% of the cool air created by the system and the energy consumption is minimized.
- Improved reliability. When one air handler breaks down, the others will still be able to work. So you’re never completely without air conditioning, as long as you call for repairs promptly.
- Convenience and versatility. These systems can be set to their own specific temperatures. This means you never have to fight over the thermostat again! Set certain rooms cooler or warmer than others and enjoy the precise temperature control.
Reasons to Invest in a Different System
Ductless systems aren’t for everyone, and we want to be completely honest and accommodating for homeowners in different situations. Here are a couple of reasons to invest in a different system.
- Affordability. Ductless systems cost more to install than standard central air conditioners.
- You already have a heating unit. If you’ve got a heating system already installed, then a central AC might be a more economical choice.
- Aesthetics. Ductless air handlers need to be set up on your walls, ceilings, or floors. Some homeowners value their home aesthetics too much for this intrusion.
Call the pros at Westland Heating, Air Conditioning and Plumbing for a comfort consultation today!