How is your air conditioner doing? No, we’re not asking you to go outside and physically ask your outdoor AC cabinet how it’s doing. It’s not going to give you any answers. We’re talking about the condition of its mechanical components and the cooling power it produces. Is it working to your standards?
Too many homeowners think that their air conditioner works, and that’s all they need to know. Not many people like to think about how their air conditioner is working, or more specifically if it’s working well enough. How long does it take for your home to cool off? How high are your energy bills? Does it cool your home without making strange noises or causing a ruckus?
Be sure to keep reading as we prompt you to pay closer attention to your air conditioning in Strongsville, OH. We’ll get to the bottom of whether or not your AC is in good condition.
A Thorough Approach
Take some time to think about your air conditioner and how it cools your home. A good idea would be to take a watch or clock and monitor the time it takes between the start of turning your system on to the point when your house feels cooled off. How long did it take? How does it compare to how the system used to work?
Maybe you used to feel the cool air right away, but now it takes upwards of 30 minutes for your home to feel at the right temperature. Your home might cool down but perhaps it doesn’t feel quite as cool as it used to. Does this feel accurate to you? If so, there could be something wrong with the way your air conditioner is working. It might not be as efficient as it used to be, due to some small misaligned part or a few adjustments that need to be made. Or, perhaps your air conditioner has reached the end of its lifespan and needs to be replaced.
Replacing an Air Conditioner
It’s not easy when confronted with the idea that your air conditioner might not be working like it used to. Do you call a professional for targeted repairs, or do you schedule a full replacement of the system? Here are a few ways to tell when it’s time for your system to be replaced.
- Age. If your air conditioner is over 15 years old, it’s about time to have it replaced.
- High Energy Bills. High energy bills are a clear sign of an inefficient air conditioner. Call us for a replacement.
- Expensive Repairs. Repairs aren’t supposed to be more than half the cost of a new system. If your AC repair is too expensive, consider looking into a long-term replacement.
- Frequent Repairs. If you’re constantly calling us for AC repair, it could be from an issue that would only be addressed through a replacement.
- Ineffective Cooling. Simply put—if your air conditioner isn’t keeping you cool, then it’s not worth the upkeep. Have it repaired with a system that will keep you cool.
The team at Westland Heating & Air Conditioning can provide you with sensible AC replacement. Call us today!