To repair, or not to repair. That is the question! There might never be a perfect answer to this question, but with the experts on the case, we can give you as thorough a solution as possible.
If you go a few months with a busted furnace, paying cost after cost for frequent repairs, you’re eventually going to spend more than a replacement would cost. That’s bad news for your wallet! That’s why we’ve got some guidelines to follow if you’ve been pondering the age-old question of whether or not to repair or replace your aging heater. Furnace repair in North Olmstead, OH can be expensive, so it’s incredibly important to make sure if it’s worth it or not!
Don’t hesitate any longer. Let’s work together and get to the bottom of this question.
That’s really what the game is all about. If it weren’t for the money and energy that you could be saving, you’d replace your furnace as often as possible. However, furnace replacements can be pricy, so you’re going to want to repair your system up until the moment it’s not worth it. Let’s see if we can tell exactly when that moment is.
- Age. This is the simplest reason to choose a replacement over a repair for your system. If your furnace is over 15 years old, chances are you’re going to require many more repairs in the coming years or even months! A replacement will give you peace of mind for a long while.
- Leaks. Whether your furnace is leaking carbon monoxide or natural gas, leaks can be a health hazard and something not worth risking. If you’re constantly dealing with leaks coming from your heater, then it’s a good idea to replace it with something that causes fewer headaches.
- Increased heating bills. If your heating bills are steadily rising year after year, that’s not just inflation. A furnace that starts running less efficiently is going to cost you an increasing amount of money per year. Change this with a heater replacement.
- The repair cost total. A great rule of thumb: when the total cost of repairs for your heater is greater than or equal to half the cost of a replacement, you should generally consider replacing it. If the repair costs totaled up are less than half the cost of a replacement, you might be able to squeeze a few more cost-effective years out of your furnace. The choice is yours.
- Frequent repairs. Sometimes it’s just a hassle if your system is constantly on the fritz. Sometimes the cost might not be justified, but the relaxation of not having to deal with so many frequent issues is absolutely worth the cost of replacing your old furnace.
Ultimately, the choice is yours. We’d like to guide you along every step of the way and provide as much savings as possible! Heater replacements can be expensive and a painful process if done by the wrong contractor. Choose a team you can trust to get the job done quickly, efficiently, and affordably!
Choose Westland Heating & Air Conditioning for all your heater needs!