Fall is an excellent time to look into improvements in your HVAC system. With winter on the way and cold weather already here, you’re going to be depending upon reliable heating day in and day out. That means now is the time to correct any problems with your system and look for ways to improve its performance. And believe it or not, some improvements rest in areas other than the HVAC system itself. In particular, an electronic air purifier can be just the thing you need to help your system do its best, as well as provide a number of other benefits in the bargain. A trained technician can easily install one in your home before winter arrives.
Westland Heating, Air Conditioning and Plumbing Blog: Posts Tagged ‘Filtration’
Most heating and air conditioning units have some kind of air filtration, whether it’s a replaceable screen, a UV light or an electronic air filter. Basic air filters usually need to be replaced every few months, while more elaborate ones can usually be installed to work in conjunction with your HVAC system. Here in Fairview Park, filtration systems can be readily installed by qualified professionals. But that doesn’t explain why you’d want to install such a system in your home. How does air filtration make for happier living? A few answers can be found below.
Air filtration screens out dust and detritus in your home, with an eye on improving your indoor air quality. Standard filters typically screen out larger particles while missing smaller ones, though you can improve on that front by installing HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Absorption) filters, which strain much smaller particles than a standard filter. Electronic filters use electromagnetism to capture a wide array of dust particles, while UV lights kill bacteria and other biological organisms. Both can be installed in your existing HVAC system in many cases.
Regardless of the level of protection, however, the presence of a clean filter elevates the quality of your indoor air. That means a reduced risk of nose and throat irritation, fewer colds and flu bugs, and relief for family members suffering from allergies. In the latter case, a high-end system can help make your home a haven from allergens, allowing asthmatic or allergy-sensitive family members some respite. Even if you don’t have those concerns, air filters help you breathe more easily and can reduce the risk of viruses and other common infections.
For more on how air filtration makes for healthier living, or to schedule an installation session, call on Westland Heating & Air Conditioning to help. Filtration systems are part of our standard coverage, and we are committed to making you happy at every step of the way. Pick up the phone and give us a call today to set up an appointment. We’ll find and install the right kind of air filter for you! And don’t forget to let us know if you have any other questions you may have about other HVAC services in Fairview Park.
Water filtration systems are installed in your home in order to “purify” the water; that is, remove the presence of chemicals, minerals and other components that you might not necessarily want to consume. Most tap water is perfectly safe to drink, cook and bathe in. Civic authorities have a duty to provide safe, reliable drinking water, and official Avon Lake filtration systems do a good job of removing impurities from our primary water supply, Lake Erie. Even so, water filtration systems provide an extra layer of protection for your home, which in turn improves the quality of life in small but meaningful ways.
Here are some benefits of water filtration systems.
- Cleaner water. It sounds obvious, but cleaner, clearer water tastes better and is healthier overall than water straight from the tap. A water filtration system can help you do a little test that proves this point. Freeze a batch of ice cubes using filtered water, then freeze another batch using water straight from the tap. He filtered cubes will look clearer and taste fresher than the ones created from the tap.
- It’s easier on clothes and skin. Bathing in filtered water can help soften your skin and reduce the roughness and irritation that comes from minerals in unfiltered water. Similarly, clothes that are laundered in filtered water tend to feel softer and last longer than those washed in unfiltered water.
- It’s easier on plumbing. The minerals and other components in regular tap water can create scaling and cause other long-term damage to your plumbing over time. A filtered water system will ease that strain, extending the life of your plumbing and reducing the risk of expensive repairs in the future.
All that in mind, it pays to talk to a knowledgeable expert about the benefits of water filtration systems. At Westland Heating and Air Conditioning, we have the experience and know-how to install a filtration system properly. Filtration systems are a part of our normal services and we understand the specific needs created by local water conditions. So contact our Avon Lake filtration experts today to talk about your options; we can help you select a water filtration system that works for your home, then install it with the courtesy and professionalism you deserve.
Water filtration systems remove minerals and other impurities from the water in your house. While all tap water is safe to drink, it can pick up a few trace chemicals here and there along the way. Chlorine, sulfur and mineral sediment are just a few of the impurities that can creep into unfiltered water on the way to your tap. That’s of a particular concern in Cleveland-area communities like Westlake; filtration systems remove the impurities coming from Lake Erie, where we derive most of our drinking water. The specific benefits of water filtration systems are quite numerous, and can include the following:
- Clean drinking water. The most obvious benefit is cleaner water for drinking and cooking. You can see the difference if you freeze ice cubes made of regular tap water, and then freeze another batch made of filtered water. The filtered ice looks cleaner and clearer than the unfiltered ice. Water filtration also makes things easier on the ice maker in your refrigerator, helping it last longer.
- Healthier skin. Bathing in unfiltered water or wearing clothes washed in unfiltered water can have an adverse effect on your body. Your skin may become rougher or suffer from irritation, and you may find that soaps and shampoos don’t wash off as cleanly as you’d like. Water filtration helps eliminate that; you may find your skin feeling softer and cleaner without even trying.
- Less wear on your plumbing. Hard water results in scaling and build-up inside the pipes in your home. Over time, that can wear out the components and increase the risk of a leak or similar repair. Water filtration systems ease the strain on your pipes, helping to preserve them and avoiding the need for costly repairs in the future.
If you’re thinking of installing a water filtration system in your home, let the professionals at Westland Heating and Air Conditioning lend a hand. We cover all of the greater Cleveland area, including homes in Westlake; filtration installation and repair is one of our many specialties and we pride ourselves on complete customer satisfaction.
Do you want to hire a Westlake filtration specialist? Contact us today to set up a consultation.