Westland Heating, Air Conditioning and Plumbing Blog: Posts Tagged ‘Maintenance’

Changing Your Furnace’s Air Filter Is Super Important

Monday, December 17th, 2018

air filterGas furnaces are some of the most popular heating systems in the country. There’s little to dislike about them: they’re fast, they’re effective, and they can be decently efficient. It’s true there is the risk of complications with the gas and heating components, but as long as you’re getting regular maintenance on the furnace from a heating repair expert in Westlake, OH, there’s nothing to worry about.

But there is one part of your furnace you have to be really careful about … and that would be the air filter. Luckily, all you have to do is change it out. We’ll explain below a few serious problems that can be caused by a dirty air filter (and in case changing the air filter doesn’t help, we’ll offer a few alternatives, too).

Continue Reading

Don’t Get Left in the Cold! It’s Time for a Yearly Tune-Up

Friday, August 31st, 2018

There’s no better time to get a tune-up than right before a new season. If you haven’t been keeping up with maintenance, we forgive you—but we don’t want your luck to run out.

The fact is, many HVAC system owners are waiting until their systems break down before making a repair call. But HVAC systems don’t just break down within seconds—there’s usually a problem that has been silently degrading the system’s performance over the span of months. When the wrong part breaks or stops working, that’s when you get problems.

Since most furnaces use gas or oil, neglecting maintenance can be especially costly or dangerous.

  • Gas furnaces need to be checked annually to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
  • When dealing with gas or oil fueled heaters, age can have a larger effect on their efficiency and safety than with electric furnaces.
  • A faulty ignition or pilot can prevent the heater from functioning efficiently or at all.

Maintenance can prevent up to 80% of HVAC system problems before they happen. That leaves only a 20% chance you’ll need repairs at a time when you need it most. And if you sign up for our service agreement, that 20% will be mitigated with discounts and priority service.

Don’t wait for your heater to break down this season. Contact Westland Heating & Air Conditioning today for a comprehensive maintenance check for your entire heating system.

Continue Reading

Avon Heating and AC Guide: Maintenance Really Does Save Money

Tuesday, September 4th, 2012

There is no better way to ensure your Avon heating and cooling system works optimally than to ensure they get proper annual maintenance. People generally do not realize the value of opting for maintenance contracts, especially if they have just purchased new systems. Remember however that a small fee paid annually can save you a lot of money in the long run.

There are many advantages of regular maintenance of your heating and cooling systems.

Advantage #1

When a technician visits to perform maintenance of your heating or cooling system, he checks whether all parts of the system are working well and also checks for any sign of wear and tear. He will replace any part that needs it, and he’ll also repair any malfunctioning parts to ensure that there is no unexpected breakdown in the coming months.

Advantage #2

You will spend much less on repairs or part replacement in the long run if you catch the problems early. If one of the parts of your heating or cooling system stops functioning, the entire system may continue to work. However the other parts will have to work overtime to compensate for the malfunctioning part and this leads to excessive wear and tear.

Advantage #3

Getting professional tune ups on a regular basis will also ensure that your system works at optimum energy efficiency. Even the best performing new units lose efficiency, and over a period of time this could result in costlier energy bills.

Advantage #4

You can be sure of paying less on energy each month if you opt for a regular annual maintenance package. No matter how old or new your heating and cooling system is, it is never too late to start. A regular tune up and thorough cleaning will definitely lead to reduced energy bills and optimum functioning of the system.

Extend the life of your Avon heating and air conditioning system through annual maintenance that will give you more for your money. Systems maintained by professionals on a regular basis can even perform well beyond their lifetime in some situations. Just for a minimum annual maintenance amount, you can be assured of long-term, efficient performance of your system.  To schedule an appointment or to learn more about our Ultimate Service Agreement Plan, call Westland Heating and Air Conditioning!


Continue Reading